Tuesday, October 16, 2012

TEEN READ WEEK???!!!

OMG!!! I cannot believe that I almost missed TEEN READ WEEK (Oct. 14-20)! I guess I wasn't paying very good attention....but no matter! While I neglected to plan a super awesome event at the library like I did last year (Picture It! photo contest and Genre Challenge), I still have some cool info. YALSA (the national Young Adult Library Services Association) has just released their TOP 10 list for 2012.

These are the top 10 fiction novels of the year nominated and chosen by real teens! And the winners  are:
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
3. Legend by Marie Lu
4. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
5. What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen
6. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
8. The Scorpio Races by Maggies Stiefvater
9. Where She Went by Gayle Forman
10. Abandon by Meg Cabot 

The ones in RED are the ones the library currently owns. Hmmm...I've read 4 out of 10. Guess I better get busy.

View the entire list of nominated titles for 2012 here

No comments:

Post a Comment